Adult tickets: £26.00
Ages 3-17: £12.00
Under 3: FREE
Adult ticket: £35.00
Ages 3-17: £15.00
Under 3: FREE
Subject to availability
Subject to availability
This event is to support local Rotary supported charities.
Sheffield Botanical Gardens cover 19 acres and were first opened in 1836. Originally designed by Robert Marnock in the Gardenesque style, the site now has fifteen different garden areas featuring collections of plants from all over the world, including Mediterranean, Asian, American prairie-style, woodland and rock-and-water plantings.
The National Collections of Weigela, Diervilla and Sarcococca are sited here. The Gardens contain several listed buildings including the restored Grade II* listed curvilinear Glass Pavilions, some of the earliest ever built, which were officially re-opened by HRH The Prince of Wales on 1 September 2003.
The Gardens have recently been fully restored at a cost of approximately £6.69 million and they are the only Botanical Gardens in the country to have undertaken such a complete restoration.
In order to access the generous Heritage Lottery Fund Award of £5.06 million, an additional 25% in matched funding was raised. The Gardens are the only public open space in the country where the voluntary sector has raised more than £1 million in matched funding.
The Gardens’ staff and FOBS volunteers continue to develop the plantings throughout the Gardens. In the future, additional projects will be undertaken to further enhance the Gardens as a centre of horticultural excellence.
TICKETINGWhere and how can I buy tickets?
Online only: https://www.musicinthegardens.co.uk
Will I be able to buy a ticket on the day?
Subject to availability. Due to the high quality and popularity of our acts we do recommend that all tickets be bought in advance from our online ticketing shop. For regular updates on ticket availability and other exciting developments then please keep up to date via our Facebook and Twitter accounts(@MusicitGardens).
Can I get a refund?
Music in the Gardens is a series of charitable concerts. We cannot offer refunds or resell any unused tickets purchased. Tickets cannot be transferred or exchanged.
Sorry, we cannot replace lost tickets so please ensure that all purchased tickets are kept safe.
ARRIVAL TIMES & PROGRAMME INFOWhat time does the music start each evening?
Entry is scheduled to be permitted from 6.00pm Fri & Sat 5pm Sunday. The music is scheduled to begin from 7.00pm (5.00pm Sunday) and will finish by 10pm. (8pm Sunday)
How can I find out who's playing?
Details of this year’s line-up can be found under “Tickets”. For regularly updated information and for new additions to the line-up, then sign up to our social media network: Twitter and Facebook or check the website regularly.
TRAVEL & ARRIVINGWhere’s the nearest train station?
The train station nearest to the Botanical Gardens (Clarkehouse Road) is Sheffield railway station (around 1 mile away).
Does public transport serve the venue?
There are regular buses from the city centre to The Sheffield Botanical Gardens. For buses serving the Gardens main entrance on Clarkehouse Road - numbers 10 (hourly), 30 (half-hourly) and 505 (hourly). Ecclesall Road for the Thompson Road entrance - numbers 81, 82, 83, 84, 85 and 88 serve Ecclesall Road every few minutes. See www.travelsouthyorkshire.com for details (displays in a new window).
How much is a taxi?
Sheffield city centre to the Botanical Gardens is only a 5 minute journey and metered taxis are in ready supply outside Sheffield railway station. Expect to pay around around £9.00 for this journey, however this can depend on the number or passengers and baggage.
What is the post code for the venue?
If you are using a SATNAV please enter "S10 2LN". This will direct you to the main entrance of the Botanical Gardens on Clarkehouse Road. If you are travelling by car, take the B6069 to reach the Clarkehouse Road entrance or the A625 for the Thompson Road entrance. Please see the ‘About Us’ page for more information and a map of the venue.
Where can I park my car?
There are no car parks at the venue. Some disabled parking is available but this is limited - please contact us via email to advise if you will need a disabled parking space reserving. Some on-street car-parking is available, however this is very limited and strictly monitored by parking wardens. Please be cautious and respectful of all timings and fees. We would strongly recommend all patrons to make alternative travel arrangements to the venue rather than by car. The area is well connected by public transport and taxi fares to the city centre are very reasonable particularly when spread between a sharing party. Please visit the venue website for more details: www.sbg.org.uk
WELFARECan my child attend without adult supervision?
Young people under the age of 17 need to be accompanied and supervised by a paying adult over the age of 18. The promoter will accept no responsibility for the safety of young people under the age of 17 where our terms and conditions are not fulfilled. The right to admission to the event is at the promoters discretion: health and safety, environmental and security concerns may be taken into account and those refused entry will not be offered refunds on account of being (or appearing to be) under age.
What are facilities like for people with disabilities?
We have made every effort to facilitate the visit of all patrons to Music in the Gardens and our stewards will do all they can to help you enjoy the event: Easy access pathways throughout the venue. Adapted and easy access toilets are available at the venue. A priority seating area will be allocated for those who make this request. Disabled parking is available, however, as space is limited this must be arranged in advance, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Policy for carers of the disabled: Tickets can be issued by emailing email@example.com. Proof of entitlement may be required on entry to the event.
Can we have a camp fire or BBQ?
Open fires, candles, BBQ’s and chinese lanterns are prohibited for safety reasons.
Can I bring a picnic and chairs?
Yes! You are welcome to bring hampers for our picnic concerts! Don’t worry though, if you come unprepared, we will have a delicious variety of top quality food and drink stalls for you to choose from. Chairs, blankets and pillows are all encouraged for your comfort. Please be aware that only gazebos hired via SIV or Music in the Gardens are allowed. Tents or any other temporary structure deemed to be a hazard or to cause visual impairment to other guests is prohibited.
Can I bring alcohol?
Yes, please respect all laws in connection with the consumption of alcohol. There will also be a bar which will operate a 'Challenge 25' policy, so please be prepared to provide proof of age.
Can I bring my pet?
Pets are welcomed at the venue, however, all pets must be kept on a short lead. Please note; loud Fireworks will conclude the performance on Sunday evening.
Will there be medical support on site for emergencies?
A first aid tent will be in clear operation on site and should be the first port of call for any medical emergency.
Is there a cash machine?
A cash machine is NOT available at the venue. The nearest cash machine to the Botanical Gardens can be accessed via the venues Thompson Road entrance. This is the HSBC branch on Ecclesall Road.
Can I record the show or take pictures?
Strictly prohibited throughout the duration of the concerts. Anyone acting in disobedience will be asked to leave the venue.
DATA PROTECTIONData Protection
By purchasing event tickets online via www.musicinthegardens.co.uk you thereby give your consent to be contacted by the event promoter with relevant information, offers and future promotions. If you do not wish to be receive any further updates then please email ‘STOP’ to firstname.lastname@example.org . We will not share your personal information without your consent unless required by law. The promoter will comply with data protection legislation in respect of your personal details. If you have any queries which are not answered above please email us at email@example.com
For the purpose of these house rules, “promoter(s)” refer to those individual local Rotary Clubs involved in the organisation of Music in the Gardens 2022(MitG) Registered address: 62 Endcliffe Hall Avenue, Sheffield S10 3EL Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Please be aware that you will need to bring your own seating to the venue (blankets, pillows, chairs etc.). Preferable seating positions at the venue are purely on a first-come-first-serve basis and no seating or position (excluding gazebo hire) can be pre-booked prior to the event.
2) Tents, gazebos and any other temporary structure will not be permitted at any ‘MitG’ event. Pre-erected gazebos can be rented prior to the event via www.musicinthegardens.co.uk or www.eventbright.co.uk
3) Patrons are welcome to bring their own refreshments to the venue. Please refrain from bringing glass into the Gardens. All laws in respect of use of alcohol must be adhered to. A variety of food stalls and a bar will also be available on site (please be prepared to provide proof of age as the bar will be operating a ‘Challenge-25 policy’). Please see our ‘Food & Drink’ page for more details.
4) Socially disciplined pets are allowed at the venue; however, all pets must be kept on a lead at all times. Please be aware the event will contain loud sudden noise and flashing lights.
5) All fires are strictly prohibited on site; this is inclusive of BBQ’s, Chinese lanterns, incense burners and candles (except for tea lights which may be burned in suitable containers provided that they are supervised at all times).
6) MitG is a charity fundraising event. Once purchased, tickets cannot be refunded, exchanged or returned.
7)Lost or stolen tickets will not be replaced so please ensure that purchased tickets are kept safe.
8) The right to admission to the event is at the event promoter’s discretion: health and safety, environmental and security concerns may be taken into account and those refused entry will not be offered refunds on account of being [(or appearing to be) under age] or displaying any behaviour deemed aggressive, threatening or anti-social towards event staff.
9) Young people of age 3-17 years are allowed into the event for £12 when accompanied by a supervising adult holding a valid ticket (limited to 2 minors per adult). Persons aged under 17 will require the supervision of an adult over the age of 18. Please be prepared to show proof of age when requested by event staff. Babes 3 years old and under are allowed entry free of charge without a ticket.
10) The promoter will accept no responsibility for the safety of young people under the age of 17 who are left unsupervised.
11) Persons with a registered disability who require the services of a carer to assist with their mobility are allowed a free of charge ticket to allow entry to the event on the purchase of a full priced ticket. This concession is available on line and a proof of ID and entitlement will be required on entry.
12) Performances are copyright, and the use of recording equipment and flash photography is strictly prohibited throughout MitG performances. Anyone not abiding by this rule will be asked to leave the venue.
13) Unauthorised sales/ promotional activity within the venue is strictly prohibited.
14) In the event of a cancellation, of an entire evening, customers may be entitled to a ticket-value refund. Booking and processing fees are nonrefundable. No liability will be accepted for any losses suffered beyond the refund of the face value of the ticket. If a show is rescheduled or moved to a different venue, you will have the option to retain your ticket. The promoter cannot be held responsible for any costs incurred by the customer supplementary to the value of their pre-booked tickets. By purchasing event tickets on line via www.musicinthegardens.co.uk or www.eventbright.co.uk you thereby give your consent to be contacted by the event promoter with relevant information regarding future events. If you do not wish to receive any further up-dates then please email email@example.com
15) MitG will not share your personal information for any purpose without your consent, unless required by law.
16) MitG will comply with data protection legislation in respect of your personal details. Tickets purchased via our alternative approved outlets (see above) may be subject to their separate terms and conditions and booking fees - please check before purchasing.
17) MitG 2022 “House Rules” relating to on-site activity will apply to all patrons of the event regardless of where tickets were purchased.
If you have any queries then please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org